Job Seeking Tips
- Always tailor your resume for the role you're applying for. Think carefully about the skills that the role is asking for, and highlight similar tasks you have carried out in previous roles.
- Save your application documents as PDF files. This looks quite professional, and will make sure that your font and layout stays in place.
- Make sure to address the hiring manager by name in your cover letter.
- When responding to key selection criteria, make sure to elaborate on your answers with real examples. Keep this document to two pages.
- If you have found a role via Seek, head to the company website to learn more about the context of the role. Check the 'careers' section of their website, as they may have more detail about the role. Use this information to guide your cover letter, as this will demonstrate that you have done your research!
- If a position description is not available in a job advert, reach out to the company and request a copy. This is an opportunity to make a great first impression, so assume that the person you speak with will be reviewing your application.